Search This Blog

06 September 2011

The Rise of Endymion (Hyperion, #4)The Rise of Endymion by Dan Simmons

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I was not as impressed with Endymion or The Rise of Endymion as I was with Hyperion. I think that the voicing that Simmons chose to tell the story was weak, and that the points where he chose not to pursue verbose descriptions clashed theoretically with the points where verbose descriptions ran rampant. However, the conclusion Endymion (Hyperion, #3)was fantastic, and I'm glad from a plot standpoint that I chose to finish the quartet. Perhaps I charged through a little to quickly; I might've appreciated the last two books more if I'd waited some time after reading the first two. A great scifi/space opera tale, told through mostly good writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment