Search This Blog

20 September 2011

Voodoo Science by Robert Parks

Voodoo Science: The Road from Foolishness to FraudVoodoo Science: The Road from Foolishness to Fraud by Robert L. Park

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


My biggest criticism of this book is that it was dated. Having just finished a Dan Simmon's big space opera quartet, I was hoping to find a grounding in real science. Robert Park fit the bill. Director of some Washington bureau of science, Park takes us for a ride through the scientific process into the fringes of pseudoscience and fraudulent claims. I would have enjoyed more anecdotes; he spent a lot of time talking about three or four different cases. His chapter on space exploration was the most interesting to me. It was the first real criticism I've encountered, and it made sense. I'll have to keep my eyes out for a newer book of this sort.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment